Saturday 7 December 2013

DOGS MAKE GOOD TEACHERS


Have you ever realized that our dogs set wonderful life examples for us?

Just think about it.  There are several important things that they do right on a daily basis.

If you know me, then you know I love dogs!  I simply cannot imagine my life to ever be without them.

Today I thought I would share with  you what I learn every day from my dogs (the gorgeous 2 pictured above) and why I am eternally grateful for them!

  1. Start each day with a good stretch.  Dogs are so smart that they know how important this is to do each morning to get your body ready for the day ahead.
  2. When you see someone you love, greet them with a big smile.  So simple, yet important if you want to let your friends and family always know they are loved and special to you.
  3. Enjoy a carefree walk.  If we make time for this each day, not only are we getting some needed exercise but also some needed balance in our lives by taking a break from our busy schedule.
  4. Stop and smell the flowers.  (or another dog's poop perhaps - yuck!)  A dog's keen sense of smell never misses a thing.  We need to take time to enjoy and appreciate everything around us.
  5. Naps are good.  A 10 or 20 minute power nap actually does invigorate us to carry on with our busy day.  I know this from personal experience and so do my dogs.
  6. Get excited about the little things in life, like car rides.  I need to be more exuberant about the everyday events and gifts of life.
  7. Always Show Loyalty and Unconditional Love!  Dogs have these traits perfected.  We can all learn from their stellar example.
  8. Be grateful for all the treats you are given.  Recognize the daily "treats" you are given and Give Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment