Monday 2 December 2013

WHEN WHAT YOU THINK WON'T HAPPEN, HAPPENS

December 2, 2013



                                          Photo Credit:  Gerald Bernard via Compfight cc


So I listened to the voice mail on my phone and then returned the phone call that I had missed.

I had already previously spoken with Customer Service at this establishment to voice my complaints and request a complete refund but to no avail.  Well now they wanted to talk some more, so I obliged.

The person who had left the message was not in today so I spoke to someone else who quickly became apprised of my situation by reviewing all the documentation of previous phone calls.

I quickly replayed my complaint and dissatisfaction with the company's response to  my situation.  This in turn refueled the feelings of disappointment and frustration that I had felt from the get go of this ongoing saga.

I had recently hoped to visit a very close friend on her death bed and made arrangements for a flight to see her.  She, however, died very quickly so I cancelled the flight and asked the company for a refund based on the cancellation insurance I had purchased that was quoted as 100%. 

The girl on the phone today had a genuine, caring voice and empathized with my situation.  However, I still felt nothing good would prevail by rehashing the details all over again.  Nothing more then putting salt on the wounds of grief and frustration one more time.

She ended the conversation with words of confidence and assurance that she would be making some phone calls and the outcome would be in my favor.  She promised to get back to me in 2 days with an answer.  As I listened to her confidence, I was still in disbelief wondering how she figured she could change a situation that even her Supervisors had not yet corrected?

She called me back within the hour and as I greeted her once again, I was still filled with hopelessness.  But she broke through my despair and with exuberance told me she had obtained a complete refund of my costs and even my insurance fee!

I couldn't believe it!  If she was standing in front of me, I would have hugged her despite her being a complete stranger.

And it wasn't that I needed the refund so much.  It wasn't even so much the principle of the whole thing.  The joy that I felt was primarily because I had no hope of a feasible resolution and then what appeared to be impossible actually occurred!

So I thank God today for something I never expected.  Something I did not really need.  Something I never asked Him for, but something He graciously provided in spite of my hopeless self!

Give Thanks!




No comments:

Post a Comment