Friday 6 December 2013

LAWS THAT MAKE YOU LAUGH

     
 
  
  Everybody needs a laugh!   

In fact laughter is proven to be beneficial to our well being!



·           It strengths our immunity
·           Releases muscle tension
·           Decreases pain
·           Prevents heart disease by improving blood flow
·           Relieves stress
·           Releases chemicals from our brain that make us happy.

So who doesn’t need a good laugh?

I love to laugh and I am even a little notorious for my laugh because of its unique “cackling”            sound.  (Unfortunately, I do not know of a relative that I can place a genetic blame on.)

Well I wanted to share with you some unusual and truly laughable laws in the U.S.A., to improve your health and happiness today.

In Texas:
  •    It is illegal to take more than three sips of beer at a time while standing. 
  •    It is illegal to shoot a buffalo from the second story of a hotel.  
  •    In Austin, wire cutters cannot be carried in your pocket.

In Oklahoma:
  •    It is illegal to wear your boots to bed. 
  •    A person is not allowed to take a bite out of another person’s hamburger.
  •    Women are forbidden from doing their own hair without being licensed by the state.
  •    In Oklahoma City you cannot walk backwards downtown while eating a hamburger.
  •    In Tulsa, you may not open a soda bottle without the supervision of a licensed engineer.

On Rhode Island:
  •     No one may bite off another person's leg. 
  •     It is considered an offense to throw pickle juice on a trolley.
  •     In Providence RI, you may not sell toothpaste and a toothbrush to the same customer on a Sunday.           

So after I laugh at these absurd laws, I then remember to be thankful that I live in Canada where I am allowed to walk backwards while eating a hamburger.  Because everybody needs to do that from time to time, right?

Yes, I am feeling more relaxed, less stressed and happier already.  How about you?

Give Thanks!








2 comments:

  1. Now we need to know the history of this absurdity. I kind of like the law that says my wife couldn''t eat my burger or whatever is on my plate without fear of retribution, but why would you want to bite someone's leg (Unless maybe they ate your burger.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Norm! Laughter to start my day is always good!
      Not sure of the history of these crazy American laws but you can find this one at www.dumblaws.com/law/1374

      Delete