Sunday 10 August 2014

BOREDOM. WHAT IS IT?

I remember when I was a kid I would get bored sometimes.  Even in the summer, having 2 months off was great at the beginning but near the end of the summer it was tough finding exciting things to do every day.  Not that I wanted to get back to school yet, mind you.



As an adult, I don't even know what boredom is.  Like really!  My days are so full of activity there is no time to get bored.  As I cross things off of my "to do" list, I am constantly adding new things to it. 

I am blessed with busyness.  And it is a blessing because I really hate being bored.

So I have to remind myself not to complain when I have too many things to do and not enough time to do them in.  Because it really beats being bored hands down.

For some people (besides children) it is difficult to avoid boredom.  I'm thinking of people sick in hospitals or at home who are unable to do many things because of their poor health, so boredom is inevitable.  After all you can only read books for so long before that even gets boring.

Many seniors get bored even if their health is still good.  For some the solution is frequent napping that they don't need, but what else is there to do since "Wheel of Fortune" is only on once a day.

I think of people I have met in Sudan, Africa that have little to do but sit for long hours every day trying to sell the craft or spices they have so they can then buy some food to eat.  They look incredibly bored and who wouldn't be?

I live in a country of boundless opportunities to be active, to be involved, to be fulfilled.

I am blessed with health and prosperity that gives me the physical and financial ability to do and enjoy most anything I want. 

So today I am grateful that my days are full of people and pets and hobbies and activities that keep me from being bored.  

Life is good!  So get out there and enjoy it!  While you are at, help someone else enjoy it too!

Give Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment