Friday 28 March 2014

A SENSE OF SECURITY IS FLEETING FOR SOME




I am blessed!

I have been a nurse for 25 years and have never had to worry about employment.

I have been married for nearly 17 years and have never had to worry about being alone.

Many are not so fortunate.

I cannot imagine having a career in an industry that lacks the certainty of a job from day to day.

I cannot imagine being in a relationship that lacks the certainty of 'till death do us part'.

I am blessed!

I not only have a nursing job that is secure but I also have a thriving home business.  I not only have a loving, supportive husband but I also have loving and supportive friends.

So why am I so blessed, when others live many days of uncertainty in both employment and  relationships?

I really don't know.  But I am very grateful!

Perhaps it is because I don't do stress well.

So perhaps my 'security' is more an outcome of what I lack...... an inner strength that survives a storm.

I believe we are only given burdens that we are each able to bear.  So maybe I am not strong enough to be employed in an industry of instability.  And perhaps I lack the personal strength needed to cope with the pain of broken or strained relationships.

So if you are one of those people who lives with the uncertainty of employment from day to day or who rides a roller coaster of relationships.........And if you are able to do this while keeping your chin up and persevering.......

Then "Kudos to you"!  You are strong!  And you inspire me!

Give Thanks!




No comments:

Post a Comment