Friday 11 April 2014

A GIVING GOD!

As I read my Bible this morning, Psalm 29:11 stood out to me:

       "God makes His people strong.  God gives His people peace." (The Message)

I believe God is the Giver of all good gifts to me.  James 1:17 says, "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father.....".   When someone thinks of this verse, their first thought would typically be towards the tangible gifts God gives us.



But God gives us so much more!

The biggest and most amazing gift of all is salvation which demonstrates the enormity of His love for us.  Romans 5:8 says, "But God shows His love for us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us".

God gives us our faith.  Hebrews 12:2 refers to, "Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith".  Romans 12:3 says, "God has allotted to each a measure of faith".  So clearly, even our faith is not something we attain but rather something God gives us.

Well this morning, I was reminded once again of how God gives me the strength I need to climb each mountain and the peace I need to calm each storm.

Many years ago, I wrote a little musical chorus and the words were:

                     Lord give me hope in my hopelessness
                     Lord give me peace in my restlessness
                     Lord give me strength in my weariness
                     Lord give me more of You.

                     You are my Hope
                     You are my Peace
                     You are my Strength
                     Come fill me now

Life is a journey full of many strenuous mountains with glorious views, and many heart breaking valleys with sickening pain.  I am thankful that I have a loving God with me through the good and bad.  He promises to never leave me or forsake me.  (Hebrews 13:5, Deuteronomy 31:6)  And until I meet Him at the end of this road, He will provide for all my needs because He is my Father.  He has even prepared for me a mansion in the heavens where I will some day meet Him face to face. (John 14:2)

This is the Giving God I love and adore.  He provides both tangible and intangible gifts for me each day.  I am forever grateful!

Give Thanks!












No comments:

Post a Comment