Wednesday 7 May 2014

EVIL SURROUNDS US

My thoughts lately have been on the more then 200 girls recently kidnapped by Muslim extremists from a boarding school in Nigeria.

Why does there have to be so much evil in our world?



Yes, Nigeria is half way around the globe but we have evil here as well.  We have not forgotten about Charles Manson, Paul Bernardo or Robert Pickton.

We even have TV shows like "Criminal Minds" to regularly remind us of how sick our world really is.  To be honest, I find it hard to believe that people find these shows entertaining and willingly support such media.

But this blog is about gratitude not social issues.

So I am grateful to have been protected from the evil that surrounds us!

I remember as a teenager, the day a stranger tried to coax me into his car to help him read a map.  It was raining and dark outside.  I had just received news of the sudden death of a girl I knew.  My mind was distant so I could have been very susceptible to poor judgement.  I believe God and His angels were watching over me that night.

But the girls in Nigeria are still missing, still scared and still suffering abuse at the hands of pure evil.

Many of us have been blessed with safety and security throughout our lives while others have been much less fortunate.

Give Thanks.






No comments:

Post a Comment