Saturday 17 May 2014

THE KING OF BLOG HAS GOOD ADVICE

Anyone who follows blogging at all, knows that Seth Godin is at the pinnacle of Bloggerdom.

Seth is a best selling author, entrepreneur, public speaker and great blogger.  He started his blog called "Seth's Blog" in 2009.



This past week he shared a couple of short blog posts that I really enjoyed.  So I thought I would share them with you.

The first one talks about the immeasurable value of good advice:

                "Good advice...

                 is priceless.  Not what you want to hear, but what you need to hear.
                 Not imaginary, but practical.  Not based on fear, but on possibility.
                 Not designed to make you feel better, designed to make you better.
                 Seek it out and embrace the true friends that care enough to risk sharing it.
                 I'm not sure what takes more guts - giving it or getting it." (Seth Godin)

The second post from Seth's Blog that I really enjoyed was a piece of good advice:

              "No is essential...


                 If you believe that you must keep your promises, overdeliver and
                 treat every commitment as though it's an opportunity for a transformation,
                 the only way you can do this is to turn down most opportunities.
                 No I can't meet with you, no I can't sell it to you at this price,
                 no I can't do this job justice, no I can't come to your party,
                 no I can't help you.  I'm sorry, but no, I can't.
                 Not if I want to do the very things that people value my work for.
                 No is the foundation that we can build our yes on." (Seth Godin)


Let's not only heed the good advice that we are given but receive it with gratitude.

Give Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment