Sunday 11 May 2014

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

I can't have a blog on Gratitude 
and neglect to express thanks for my Mom 
on Mother's Day.

I was blessed to be raised in a Christian home with a loving Mother.



My mother was an only child and had always wished she had siblings.  So when she married at the age of 18 she soon started having babies and had 6 of them in 7 years.   In my mind, that alone makes her a "Super Mom". 

My Mom is a natural at the art of motherhood.  I believe the key to this is having an enormous heart of selfless love for children.  Without it, how could one possibly have the patience required to raise six kids.

My Mom set a godly example for each of us and continues to do so today.  She has a servant's heart, prays faithfully and believes family is second only to God.

Billy Graham said, "Only God Himself fully appreciates the influence of a Christian mother in the molding of character in her children."

And my Mother like many Moms lives up to the saying that " A mother holds her child's hand for just a short time, but holds their heart forever".

Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms out there!

And to all children - Give Thanks!






No comments:

Post a Comment