Tuesday 11 March 2014

DINNER OUT ANYONE?

What's Not To Love About Eating Out?

  •  I love trying new food
  •  I love having my favorites again   
  •  I love trying new restaurants                     
  •  I love not having to cook
  •  I love not having to clean up
  •  I love going out with friends and family 
Well lately, I've been loving all of the above! 

My husband and I recently checked out 2 restaurants that were new to us in Langford, B.C.  The first was the Sabhai Thai Restaurant (www.sabhai.ca) with great prices, fabulous service and mouth watering food. I had the Drunken Noodles and the flavor was amazing.  My husband had the Hot and Sour Soup which he loves and does not get at home.  It actually met his desire for 'firey hot' which most restaurants are unable to attain, plus it was loaded with fresh cilantro.  With it he chose Pork Bites with a delectable pineapple dipping sauce.  I had to try some of these, of course, and they were a very tasty combination.  The atmosphere of the restaurant was wonderful and the place was crowded which says only one thing.....great food!

Our second new experience was the Log House Pub (www.loghousepub.ca) where we enjoyed good old fashioned, homemade, gourmet burgers.  My husband loves to eat a great burger on a regular basis but he doesn't love to cook on a regular basis; and since he is the burger cook at our house, we are always excited to find a restaurant that can make a tasty, juicy, loaded homemade burger.  The service was great, the prices as expected and the serving sizes were huge.  The usual pub atmosphere was present with large flat screen TV's for live sports, but not too loud and wild to interfere with eating and socializing.

My favorite restaurant, however, is not on Vancouver Island and believe it or not, it is a chain restaurant.  So periodically we take a ferry trip to the mainland and in the middle of Metropolitan Vancouver (in Langley, B.C.) is the only Olive Garden. (www.olivegarden.com)  We meet up with family, but my husband and I both order our favorites every time.   All entrees come with endless garlic bread sticks and a choice of either repeated helpings of their fresh house salad served with hot peppers, olives and their famous house dressing; or repeated servings of several homemade fresh soups.  My husband always chooses the salad with hot peppers and I always order the creamy, Zuppa Tuscano Soup with sausage, potatoe, kale and a hint of bacon.  I love it so much, I found the recipe on their website and make it at home sometimes.

We then both order our favorite entree which is the Steak Gorgonzola Alfredo.  It is tender, grilled beef medallions (medium rare is best) with a balsamic glaze, served with fettuccini and spinach, and smothered in a creamy Gorgonzola alfredo sauce.  After we each have 2 of our appys, we usually cannot finish the main course, so we take it home and reheat it later and it is just as incredible.  Wow, I'm getting hungry just typing about it!  The only sad thing about the Steak Gorgonzola Alfredo is that it is one of the few Olive Garden Recipes that cannot be found on their website.

So, who's hungry now?  Time to plan a visit to your favorite restaurant.  Don't forget to say grace and.......

Give Thanks!





No comments:

Post a Comment